Skip to main content

Random crap

I couldn't help but follow the article I posted below this one with one which actually relates to who I am. Not the seroius analyst I may come across if you've read the one below, but quite the opposite! One who loves to see events in a lighter vein, because things really crack me up. I may end up laughing my head out without anyone noticing and no one would have a clue what I was actually on about inside, so if you ever notice me smirking..
Anyways, I wanted to put up a few things I feel I have come across living here in Scotland, just to give you guys a brief as to how things are on and about here.
1.Aye, aaaye, ay- all varients of the word yes, which you will undoubtedly hear every Scotsman/woman say a billion times during the day.
2.Very passionate people, may even mistake Scotlands victory over France in football as a victory against the French in the middle ages as part of the rebellion against the capture of Mary the Queen of Scotts.
3.There are more pubs here than there are grains of sand on the shores, more than the number of hair on your head (assuming you are not bald), you get the picture.
4.You fall in love with the way the people speak, partially because you are lost in deciphering what they said in the first place, and when you get it, its heaven!
5.The Loch Ness monster is no longer a myth.
6.Never wear green when going to Ibrox, never. You risk being the football at kick-off.
7.Play dead while on the Underground during match days.
8.Don't get tempted to sing Loch lomond if there are only Scotts singing it, its their YMCA if you know what I mean!! (Watch Russel Peters)
9.No use carrying the umbrella, it never rains here, it drizzles, and the day it rains, the winds are of gale force which would render your umbrella useless.

Finally, nothing related to Scotland as such, while writing this piece I realised, Christopher Columbus was just too ahead of his time! He wanted to find an alternate route to India, so he decided to go the wrong way! The other way round the globe! What could the poor chap do if America came in between! Damn captain! India sure turned up earlier than we expected!!! Get my drift?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update!

I am so sorry for the delay, I have officially lost track of time! The other day me and a friend were trying to remember what month it was! Anyway, its been really long I blogged, so just though I'll give you guys an update of what I've been upto. The first week of May was a real killer as we had to run through the presentation we prepared to show the company we were interning for and the professors ofcourse. That went well, better than I'd hoped for infact! Our team was awarded the best team prize for presentation and performance by te Management Department!! We will get a certificate and a book token at the Graduation Ceremony in December. The rest of May was a bore, there was my birthday, even that day spent working:( The last few weeks were spent searching for an apartment as our contract with the university accomodation was ending first week June. We did find a superb place, and after squabbles and misunderstandings, we finally rented it. I moved out of Kelvinhaugh Str...

Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise

The dictionary defines an Entrepreneur as one who undertakes innovations using business, technical and financial acumen to transform them into viable economic goods, or revitalizing and adding value to an organization. It has to be understood that each and every one has an entrepreneurial bent of mind embedded within us. Most of us do not realize that we unknowingly practice this in our day to day lives through finding an innovative solution at home thus saving time or money, or being 'Intrapreneurs' at work, constantly coming up with methods and processes which would be of benefit to the company and the client. I had the opportunity to attend TiECon-2012 (flagship event of the 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' group) held in the last week of September. The primary focus of the event was to bring together like minded individuals from a multitude of business, financial and technological backgrounds to network, share thoughts and ideologies, learn the art of pro-activeness, un...

What happened exactly?

Revisiting this web-page, writing this, seems different. Let me keep this brief. There was a time when we didn't care about format, formation, punctuation, creation. Now everything revolves around presentation, perception, perfection. The latter requires time, dedication, motivation. Former was the original. Thought flowed from mind to pen/keys. The problem is time, a lack thereof.  End of the written letter was spelled.