Skip to main content

Revisiting the blog-o-sphere


Its been a while since I logged on and updated my blog, you may say that for a while I almost forgot that I had one. Anyway, here I am, fit and well since my last post nearly half an year ago! What sparked me to put up an update today was a letter from Google which I received yesterday, BY POST. The weirdness of the fact that Google actually sends mails by post was somehow inconceivable to me! They are apparently offering me Rs.2500 worth of free advertising to make my blog more of a happening place in terms of number of viewers!
As always, I have my reasons for not blogging as much as I should. Main reasons are my two recent purchases. A sudden attraction of technology made me go in for the iPod Touch 3G 32GB late last year and more recently an Android HTC Sense Hero. I attribute these devices to the gradual demise of my blog. So is the comfort of these devices that my overall usage of my laptop has gone down! Rolling out of bed in the morning, just press a wee key on the Touch, get my emails, FB updates, morning paper! A flick on the HTC shows me the weather updates for the day, my appointments, birthdays and what not. The cool thing is that I am always connected no matter what. I need to share a picture, I shoot and send, like a funny poster, just key it into the phone and away it goes, available for people to see anywhere on the planet! I can go banging on, but I won't.
Updates, updates. I am presently in Delhi, to meet the folks and friends. Made a mad dash to Mumbai for a day, and am off to Nagpur for a few more before I head back to gloomy/sunny at times Glasgow. Still working away at a job I have no intention of sticking with, coping with the weary British economy, confused about coming back to the motherland (definitely on the cards, just give me a few months). Plus points, possibility of having the best of both worlds (first and developing), learning a lot, meeting weird and interesting people before I inevitably start a life of monotony and boredom (hope not!).
Will keep you posted, I am sure I will, if I don't please mail me (email, not post). Quoting myself, there is, was, won't be enough money in this world, so don't go crazy!

Comments

Unknown said…
Touche! :D

The good thing about not being in India is that things like the Touch and Hero don't burn a hole in your pocket, or at least don't seem to, and it's not as hot as hell!
Mihir Satokar said…
True that..i suspect things will get better in india with the 3g spectrum being launched..would trigger price falls in smart phones..only a hunch!

Popular posts from this blog

Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise

The dictionary defines an Entrepreneur as one who undertakes innovations using business, technical and financial acumen to transform them into viable economic goods, or revitalizing and adding value to an organization. It has to be understood that each and every one has an entrepreneurial bent of mind embedded within us. Most of us do not realize that we unknowingly practice this in our day to day lives through finding an innovative solution at home thus saving time or money, or being 'Intrapreneurs' at work, constantly coming up with methods and processes which would be of benefit to the company and the client. I had the opportunity to attend TiECon-2012 (flagship event of the 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' group) held in the last week of September. The primary focus of the event was to bring together like minded individuals from a multitude of business, financial and technological backgrounds to network, share thoughts and ideologies, learn the art of pro-activeness, un...

What happened exactly?

Revisiting this web-page, writing this, seems different. Let me keep this brief. There was a time when we didn't care about format, formation, punctuation, creation. Now everything revolves around presentation, perception, perfection. The latter requires time, dedication, motivation. Former was the original. Thought flowed from mind to pen/keys. The problem is time, a lack thereof.  End of the written letter was spelled.   

Update!

I am so sorry for the delay, I have officially lost track of time! The other day me and a friend were trying to remember what month it was! Anyway, its been really long I blogged, so just though I'll give you guys an update of what I've been upto. The first week of May was a real killer as we had to run through the presentation we prepared to show the company we were interning for and the professors ofcourse. That went well, better than I'd hoped for infact! Our team was awarded the best team prize for presentation and performance by te Management Department!! We will get a certificate and a book token at the Graduation Ceremony in December. The rest of May was a bore, there was my birthday, even that day spent working:( The last few weeks were spent searching for an apartment as our contract with the university accomodation was ending first week June. We did find a superb place, and after squabbles and misunderstandings, we finally rented it. I moved out of Kelvinhaugh Str...