Skip to main content

Reluctance

Just thought I'd kick off the new year with a poem which really appeals to me and reminds me of the harsh realities of life. Frost, very simply puts it in words, which rise up and punch me in the face every time I read these lines! Hope you get something meaningful from this!


Out through the fields and the woods
And over the walls I have wended;
I have climbed the hills of view
And looked at the world and descended;
I have come by the highway home,
And lo, it is ended.

The leaves are all dead on the ground,
Save those that the oak is keeping
To ravel them one by one
And let them go scraping and creeping
Out over the crusted snow,
When others are sleeping.

And the dead leaves lie huddled and still,
No longer blown hither and thither;
The last lone aster is gone;
The flowers of the witch-hazel wither;
The heart is still aching to seek,
But the feet question 'Whither?'

Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?


Robert Frost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update!

I am so sorry for the delay, I have officially lost track of time! The other day me and a friend were trying to remember what month it was! Anyway, its been really long I blogged, so just though I'll give you guys an update of what I've been upto. The first week of May was a real killer as we had to run through the presentation we prepared to show the company we were interning for and the professors ofcourse. That went well, better than I'd hoped for infact! Our team was awarded the best team prize for presentation and performance by te Management Department!! We will get a certificate and a book token at the Graduation Ceremony in December. The rest of May was a bore, there was my birthday, even that day spent working:( The last few weeks were spent searching for an apartment as our contract with the university accomodation was ending first week June. We did find a superb place, and after squabbles and misunderstandings, we finally rented it. I moved out of Kelvinhaugh Str...

Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise

The dictionary defines an Entrepreneur as one who undertakes innovations using business, technical and financial acumen to transform them into viable economic goods, or revitalizing and adding value to an organization. It has to be understood that each and every one has an entrepreneurial bent of mind embedded within us. Most of us do not realize that we unknowingly practice this in our day to day lives through finding an innovative solution at home thus saving time or money, or being 'Intrapreneurs' at work, constantly coming up with methods and processes which would be of benefit to the company and the client. I had the opportunity to attend TiECon-2012 (flagship event of the 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' group) held in the last week of September. The primary focus of the event was to bring together like minded individuals from a multitude of business, financial and technological backgrounds to network, share thoughts and ideologies, learn the art of pro-activeness, un...

What happened exactly?

Revisiting this web-page, writing this, seems different. Let me keep this brief. There was a time when we didn't care about format, formation, punctuation, creation. Now everything revolves around presentation, perception, perfection. The latter requires time, dedication, motivation. Former was the original. Thought flowed from mind to pen/keys. The problem is time, a lack thereof.  End of the written letter was spelled.