Skip to main content

Stirling retreat


A well deserved outing out of Glasgow, after three and a half months here saw me and the mates going to Stirling, a city, well, a very small city an hours drive from here. Not that we could have chosen a better day for the trip, the mercury plummetted to a bone chilling -5C!
(Pic:In an animated discussion with his royal highness while the jester looks on)
The main attraction of Stirling, the Stirling Castle, the place of cornation of the legandary Queen of Scotts, and witness to the wars faught by the Scottish heros William Wallace and Robert the Bruce against their English counterparts. The scenic beauty of the palace took us a while to absorb, so did the entry fee to the castle (still not recovered from it)!

Well, it brings me back to our roots, as Indians. Not that we didn't build castles and forts similar to this one if not better, my point focusses on our stingy attitude. Having paid the amount for the castle entry, we cribbed on the fact whether we should pay an additional sum for taking an audio tour, which inevitably, we didn't. Then throughout the trip, we ate each others heads off going on whether it was actually William Wallace who was the king who poisoned his servant to check the authenticity of the mysterious unicorns tusk or someone else and why did he not use it as a battle sword in the first place against King George of England! I guess the audio extra would have put us out of our misery!


Anyways, the golden rule is that, you will find Indians all over the place, and even in the remote city of Stirling, we managed to find an Indian restraunt where we decided to lunch!


Back to Glasgow in the evening, I think it was a fair trip all things considered although I don't think I will ever visit a castle in the near future, not without an audio tour atleast!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise

The dictionary defines an Entrepreneur as one who undertakes innovations using business, technical and financial acumen to transform them into viable economic goods, or revitalizing and adding value to an organization. It has to be understood that each and every one has an entrepreneurial bent of mind embedded within us. Most of us do not realize that we unknowingly practice this in our day to day lives through finding an innovative solution at home thus saving time or money, or being 'Intrapreneurs' at work, constantly coming up with methods and processes which would be of benefit to the company and the client. I had the opportunity to attend TiECon-2012 (flagship event of the 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' group) held in the last week of September. The primary focus of the event was to bring together like minded individuals from a multitude of business, financial and technological backgrounds to network, share thoughts and ideologies, learn the art of pro-activeness, un...

Update!

I am so sorry for the delay, I have officially lost track of time! The other day me and a friend were trying to remember what month it was! Anyway, its been really long I blogged, so just though I'll give you guys an update of what I've been upto. The first week of May was a real killer as we had to run through the presentation we prepared to show the company we were interning for and the professors ofcourse. That went well, better than I'd hoped for infact! Our team was awarded the best team prize for presentation and performance by te Management Department!! We will get a certificate and a book token at the Graduation Ceremony in December. The rest of May was a bore, there was my birthday, even that day spent working:( The last few weeks were spent searching for an apartment as our contract with the university accomodation was ending first week June. We did find a superb place, and after squabbles and misunderstandings, we finally rented it. I moved out of Kelvinhaugh Str...

What happened exactly?

Revisiting this web-page, writing this, seems different. Let me keep this brief. There was a time when we didn't care about format, formation, punctuation, creation. Now everything revolves around presentation, perception, perfection. The latter requires time, dedication, motivation. Former was the original. Thought flowed from mind to pen/keys. The problem is time, a lack thereof.  End of the written letter was spelled.