Skip to main content

Don't lose your identity

Before I lose link to my blog, as I invariably do, I thought it best to get a few words in before I get busy again! The update is that I am back to the old Scottish town after what I might call a hectic India visit. It was really nice to meet friends and family and soak in a bit of the home weather after a span of more than an year. It was also nice to get to talk all the people I did, taking valuable advise from them about my career and future. Getting back to Glasgow with a fresh perspective on things, a new thought process and a motivated mindset, the last thing I wanted was to get sick. As all things, one never realizes the value of the body until something goes wrong with it! I was proud and boasted that I didn't get even a cold for more than two and a half years before I got sick this time around. Anyway, I am recovering now, and shouldn't be long before I am fit and fighting again.
What I meant to talk about was the fact that we as Indians pride ourselves on being able to mould ourselves into something which we are not. In perspective, the global economy we have become is partly based on this, but what I want to urge is not to take away the Indianness from ourselves. The gist is never forget your roots however far you go away. I quite hate myself for not being able to communicate fluently in Marathi as I used to, and end up speaking to a fellow Maharashtrian either in Hindi or English. I am not saying to forget English altogether, but to keep identity and not flow away in the vast meaningless world with a magnitude of cultures! As individuals we represent who we are, our background, culture and our beliefs, so it is necessary to keep that alive! I don't know why I am saying this and it must be sounding like gibbersih to most. I think its because of the new French flatmate Pierre, who speaks broken English and like every stout French loathes the English way of life! He was surprised when I told him I don't remember when I last wrote something in Hindi, let alone Marathi!! I think I'll write a letter in Hindi and mail it to someone! So, Bharat Mata Ki Jai, and Jai Maharashtra!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What happened exactly?

Revisiting this web-page, writing this, seems different. Let me keep this brief. There was a time when we didn't care about format, formation, punctuation, creation. Now everything revolves around presentation, perception, perfection. The latter requires time, dedication, motivation. Former was the original. Thought flowed from mind to pen/keys. The problem is time, a lack thereof.  End of the written letter was spelled.   

F1 in India!!

All you Formula 1 fans out there, F1 is finally coming to India, to Delhi specifically speaking!! Talks were going on(they always go on..and on) for the past ten years to get the F1 on track here in Gandhi land, now finally its a go! Few months ago liquor dude Mallya proposed to get the track as Rajpath and the surrounding roads around Parliament(as if we have less trouble there already!!), but good'ol Ernie wants a new track altogether. Hey, wouldn'tve been cool if the track was the same one they thought about earlier?? Burning rubber at 300km/hr+ in front of Rashtrapati Bhawan!! Where would the pits be? possibly inside the parliament!! Anyways, the very fact that F1 is coming has got me super excited! Just to see the Ferrrari's and McLaren's zooming past and the sweet sound of the roaring v-8's would be a delight. The only thing I am worried about is the snails pace at which work is carried out here in Delhi, in India as a matter of fact! Alonso crosses the first ...

Can't let the streak end!

Just a few days until the end of this year and the decade. Realised that there's not been one post this year. Can't let the blog post streak end can we? It's been a busy year. Started off on a good note, ringing in the new year in Thailand with the wife. Got lodged in an unending project which somewhat sums up my year! Nothing to write home about for 2019, some personal projects did start off which were a good break. Got the Octy home, something I've really wanted - which was exciting, a gift which keeps on giving! Hit up Melbourne city again- just once this year, a trip to Nagpur, to Bhopal and to the hills a few times, all necessary to keep things moving on different fronts. Resolution for the next year is to shift gears- down, not up. Who am I kidding. Look forward to an exciting 2020 with more travel, more adventure and more wins!