Skip to main content

Lost in translation

Time flies, truly does. I don't think that this blog has seen this much of a gap between posts.

Time to set things right? Updates updates-

-Met my girl! Asked her out, got engaged, got married, the works! Life has been super awesome ever since. It does get a lot better post marriage, trust me! Seems like life has finally begun post the wedding. It's awesome to have a partner in crime, who you would want to go to jail with too!

-Was in the States last year. Unique distinction was that I wasn't in our dear India for both its Republic and Independence days. Instead I was working on both said days resolving client concerns for my product sitting in Reston. Twice to California- Carlsbad, San Diego, LA. Missed flights and the jazz. NY is a super awesome place.

-Ran into Ratan Tata at the NY Apple Store. Long story short, it was fantabulous!

-Got promoted! Took time to sink in, still taking time. Also realized that titles are just titles, same workload, more responsibility. Fun to do what you like doing though!

-Released umpteen product versions, always a new learning each time!

-Went to Bali. Great getaway, much needed. Rejuvenating to say the least. Must visit.

-Got possession of my flat! Much awaited event happened last year, feels good to own something with a roof (I actually have the roof above the flat, top floor). Put it on rent, officially landlord now, added this post to my CV too :)  I know what it is to put a house together, oh the pain..

-Mumbai is awesome, went there a few weeks ago. Always feel alive in that city. Would want to stay there for a while sometime soon.

-Attended a lot of weddings, traveled to Ayodhya and Lucknow for a Faizabad party. To Pusad, Vrindavan and GT Karnal road (yes that is a destination wedding location) too.

-Bought an iPhone, this after extensive use of my beloved Blackberry Bold 9700. It was the best phone ever, period.

I need to keep this going, hope I can. It's my way of saying bank!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise

The dictionary defines an Entrepreneur as one who undertakes innovations using business, technical and financial acumen to transform them into viable economic goods, or revitalizing and adding value to an organization. It has to be understood that each and every one has an entrepreneurial bent of mind embedded within us. Most of us do not realize that we unknowingly practice this in our day to day lives through finding an innovative solution at home thus saving time or money, or being 'Intrapreneurs' at work, constantly coming up with methods and processes which would be of benefit to the company and the client. I had the opportunity to attend TiECon-2012 (flagship event of the 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' group) held in the last week of September. The primary focus of the event was to bring together like minded individuals from a multitude of business, financial and technological backgrounds to network, share thoughts and ideologies, learn the art of pro-activeness, un...

Update!

I am so sorry for the delay, I have officially lost track of time! The other day me and a friend were trying to remember what month it was! Anyway, its been really long I blogged, so just though I'll give you guys an update of what I've been upto. The first week of May was a real killer as we had to run through the presentation we prepared to show the company we were interning for and the professors ofcourse. That went well, better than I'd hoped for infact! Our team was awarded the best team prize for presentation and performance by te Management Department!! We will get a certificate and a book token at the Graduation Ceremony in December. The rest of May was a bore, there was my birthday, even that day spent working:( The last few weeks were spent searching for an apartment as our contract with the university accomodation was ending first week June. We did find a superb place, and after squabbles and misunderstandings, we finally rented it. I moved out of Kelvinhaugh Str...

What happened exactly?

Revisiting this web-page, writing this, seems different. Let me keep this brief. There was a time when we didn't care about format, formation, punctuation, creation. Now everything revolves around presentation, perception, perfection. The latter requires time, dedication, motivation. Former was the original. Thought flowed from mind to pen/keys. The problem is time, a lack thereof.  End of the written letter was spelled.