Skip to main content

Lost in translation

Time flies, truly does. I don't think that this blog has seen this much of a gap between posts.

Time to set things right? Updates updates-

-Met my girl! Asked her out, got engaged, got married, the works! Life has been super awesome ever since. It does get a lot better post marriage, trust me! Seems like life has finally begun post the wedding. It's awesome to have a partner in crime, who you would want to go to jail with too!

-Was in the States last year. Unique distinction was that I wasn't in our dear India for both its Republic and Independence days. Instead I was working on both said days resolving client concerns for my product sitting in Reston. Twice to California- Carlsbad, San Diego, LA. Missed flights and the jazz. NY is a super awesome place.

-Ran into Ratan Tata at the NY Apple Store. Long story short, it was fantabulous!

-Got promoted! Took time to sink in, still taking time. Also realized that titles are just titles, same workload, more responsibility. Fun to do what you like doing though!

-Released umpteen product versions, always a new learning each time!

-Went to Bali. Great getaway, much needed. Rejuvenating to say the least. Must visit.

-Got possession of my flat! Much awaited event happened last year, feels good to own something with a roof (I actually have the roof above the flat, top floor). Put it on rent, officially landlord now, added this post to my CV too :)  I know what it is to put a house together, oh the pain..

-Mumbai is awesome, went there a few weeks ago. Always feel alive in that city. Would want to stay there for a while sometime soon.

-Attended a lot of weddings, traveled to Ayodhya and Lucknow for a Faizabad party. To Pusad, Vrindavan and GT Karnal road (yes that is a destination wedding location) too.

-Bought an iPhone, this after extensive use of my beloved Blackberry Bold 9700. It was the best phone ever, period.

I need to keep this going, hope I can. It's my way of saying bank!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Enterprise

The dictionary defines an Entrepreneur as one who undertakes innovations using business, technical and financial acumen to transform them into viable economic goods, or revitalizing and adding value to an organization. It has to be understood that each and every one has an entrepreneurial bent of mind embedded within us. Most of us do not realize that we unknowingly practice this in our day to day lives through finding an innovative solution at home thus saving time or money, or being 'Intrapreneurs' at work, constantly coming up with methods and processes which would be of benefit to the company and the client. I had the opportunity to attend TiECon-2012 (flagship event of the 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' group) held in the last week of September. The primary focus of the event was to bring together like minded individuals from a multitude of business, financial and technological backgrounds to network, share thoughts and ideologies, learn the art of pro-activeness, un

F1 in India!!

All you Formula 1 fans out there, F1 is finally coming to India, to Delhi specifically speaking!! Talks were going on(they always go on..and on) for the past ten years to get the F1 on track here in Gandhi land, now finally its a go! Few months ago liquor dude Mallya proposed to get the track as Rajpath and the surrounding roads around Parliament(as if we have less trouble there already!!), but good'ol Ernie wants a new track altogether. Hey, wouldn'tve been cool if the track was the same one they thought about earlier?? Burning rubber at 300km/hr+ in front of Rashtrapati Bhawan!! Where would the pits be? possibly inside the parliament!! Anyways, the very fact that F1 is coming has got me super excited! Just to see the Ferrrari's and McLaren's zooming past and the sweet sound of the roaring v-8's would be a delight. The only thing I am worried about is the snails pace at which work is carried out here in Delhi, in India as a matter of fact! Alonso crosses the first

Revisiting the blog-o-sphere

Its been a while since I logged on and updated my blog, you may say that for a while I almost forgot that I had one. Anyway, here I am, fit and well since my last post nearly half an year ago! What sparked me to put up an update today was a letter from Google which I received yesterday, BY POST. The weirdness of the fact that Google actually sends mails by post was somehow inconceivable to me! They are apparently offering me Rs.2500 worth of free advertising to make my blog more of a happening place in terms of number of viewers! As always, I have my reasons for not blogging as much as I should. Main reasons are my two recent purchases. A sudden attraction of technology made me go in for the iPod Touch 3G 32GB late last year and more recently an Android HTC Sense Hero. I attribute these devices to the gradual demise of my blog. So is the comfort of these devices that my overall usage of my laptop has gone down! Rolling out of bed in the morning, just press a wee key on the Touch, get m